How to get the most from your visit to the Chelmsford Summer Beer and Cider Festival:
You can view or download a copy of our fesitval map using the buttons below. Copies of the festival map will be on the reverse of printed drink lists and on the centre board in the middle of the field.
View the map in a new tab
Download the map
Should you need first aid assistance, please ask a member of St Johns Ambulance who are located next to the main entrance/exit at the festival.
At the entrance, please have your money ready to help get through quickly during busy periods.
To help you choose and locate your drink, we provide updated drink lists online via our website (which can be used as an app by adding it to your devices homescreen).
Additionally we will be providing paper copies of beer, cider and key keg listings ready for the beginning of each day.
Please note that whilst we aim to keep our online lists as up to date as possible - we cannot guarentee the availability of drinks on sale (especially during busy periods).
Glasses are oversized and lined at the third, half and pint measures. This is to ensure you receive a full measure - something CAMRA campaigns for.
If you don't want to keep your glasss at the end of your session, you can return it to the glasses stall for a refund. However, we'd prefer if you took it home as a souvenir - why not start
your Chelmsford Beer and Cider Festival glass collection?
But please remember:
- No glass = No drink
- No glass = No refund
If you break your glass, please:
- Do not try to pick up the broken glass
- Do stand over the broken glass
- Ask someone to contact a volunteer for assistance
- Wait for one of our volunteers to come and safely clear the broken glass
Getting your drink
Help us to help you
Here are a few tips to help both you and our volunteers have an enjoyable time:
- Please select your choice before getting to the bar and have a second choice in case it's not available
- Volunteers will only serve from the bar at which they are working, so check carefully before ordering
- Beers will be arranged alphabetically by brewery, from left to right as you look at the bars
- Ask for your choice by quantity, brewery/producer name and drink name
Please have the correct change, if possible
We're only human, so please be patient! We try to serve everybody in turn, but when we're very busy it can be difficult to keep track. Note that drawing attention to yourself by banging glasses on the bar or waving money at the
volunteers tends to be counter productive
Enjoy yourselves! If you have any questions, and we are not busy, then please ask. The volunteers like talking about what we've got!
- Do specify the amount you want - does "may I try?" mean you want a sample, third, half or pint?
- We often have more than one beer or cider available from the same brewery/producer
- There could be two beers or ciders with the same name, but from different breweries/producers available on that bar
Have some questions?
Check out our FAQs page or get in touch with our team!
Frequently Asked Questions